Sponsored by the SAMA-IPSL, the PGMO at FMJH and
Centre for the Mathematics of Planet Earth, University of Reading, UK
This workshop is dealing with the topic of validation of forecasting and relative topics.
In a nutshell, our goal is to mix around 35 researchers, statisticians, meteorologists, energy providers and other end users who have a common interest in probability forecasting, especially in the assessment of different forecasts.
The non-exhaustive list of potential topics is:
scoring rules theory, scoring functions in machine learning,
forecasting methods, aggregation of predictions and scores,
extreme value theory, interpretation of the predictions.
The workshop will take place at the Aussois CNRS center in France in the Alps region from Monday 9th of March- Thursday 12th of March, 2020.
LIST OF INVITED SPEAKERS:
- Maxime Taillardat, Meteo-france, Toulouse
- Phyllis Wan, Erasmus University, Rotterdam
- Jasper Velthoen, EWI, Delft
- Jochen Broecker, University of Reading
- Siddharth Arora, Mathematical Institute, Oxford
- Clement Dombry, Université de Franche-Comté, Besançon
- Hui Yan, EDF, Saclay
- Marco Oesting, Department Mathematik, Universität Siegen
- Pierre Gaillard, INRIA, Paris
- Chris Ferro, University of Exeter
- Raphael de Fondeville, EPFL, Lausanne
- Valerie Chavez, UNIL, Lausanne
The program of the workshop is available here.
The organizing committee, i.e.
- Philippe Naveau (LSCE, Gif)
- Olivier Wintenberger (LPSM, Sorbonne Université, Paris)